Connect your DNN to Salesforce platform
Provider allows access DNN resources using Salesforce user credentials. Communication between DNN and Salesforce is set up at the top of the SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) protocol. User is redirected to Salesforce login page to enter credentials, therefore Salesforce credentials never leaves Salesforce company - SPI (Service Provider Initiated).
- Single Sign On (SSO) that allows access Salesforce and DNN (and possible other resources) without having to log in separately to each of it. This can be a great help to your users, because instead of having to remember many username/passwords, they will only have to remember one.
- Single Log-out (SLO) where users can log out from both Salesforce and DNN website (same as all other connected apps) in just a one click. SLO can be initiated from the DNN or Salesforce. This improves security and usability, it also saves time and reduces user frustration.
- Increased User Adoption - due to the convenience of not having to log in, users are more likely to use DNN on a regular basis. For example, users can send email messages that contain links to information in DNN website such as user profile, forum or blog post. When the recipients of the email message click the links, the corresponding DNN website protected page opens automatically
- Time Savings - on average, a user takes five to 20 seconds to log in to an online application; longer if they mistype their username or password and are prompted to reenter them. With Single Sign On in place, the need to manually log in to Salesforce is avoided. These saved seconds add up to increased productivity.
- Reduced Administrative Costs - users only need to memorize a single password to access DNN website, Salesforce website and other resources. With fewer passwords to manage, system administrators receive fewer requests to reset forgotten passwords.
- User who leave the company automatically lose access to company data after their departure. In just a one click, you can block access to Salesforce website and all connected with Salesforce resources, in this case DNN website.
Login process flow