MC Custom DataView for XMod Pro - Twitter Timeline
The Custom DataView Twitter Timeline allows users to display a twitter feed in your DotNetNuke pages.
Benefits & Features:
We developed this custom datasource for Twitter so that we could use XModPro-managed code to display a feed of tweets. This can be used as-is for a long or short column of recent tweets, or it can be combined with jQuery and CSS in a social widget, slider, etc. Remember, because it's XMod Pro, you can easily edit and customize your module setup as needed!
- Easy to Use - Just plug in your Twitter handle and the Consumer Key/Secret from your Twitter account. Once you setup with your account and keys, it will display your tweets in descending timeline order. This is a read-only, efficient datasource, intended to retrieve your tweets quickly, easily and cleanly.
- Reads in Records like a Database! Read Twitter posts (tweets) into XMod Pro just like any other data source. Set display count variable to read top 1, top 5 or 10, unlimited tweets, etc.
- Data is Page Rendered – Unlike traditional feed and twitter modules which use a client-side script to fetch and load info, this Twitter Custom DataView for XMod Pro renders the text content as part of the page data just like other data/records, not after page load. This gives the page full Google search credit for the indexed content.
- Fully Customizable Design & Layout – You have control over the full layout code, structure, setup of hyperlinks, and twitter common actions reply, retweet, or favorite links. Full design control over XMod Pro template code and CSS to make your feed match your website.
- Multiple Data Tokens Available - See the full list below for items such as Retweet Count, Favorite Count, etc. Can display profile images and usernames in tweet feeds and more!
- Works with many standard XMP functions such as pagination, xmod:select for filtering/if-case-else actions. Can be combined with show/hide actions and CSS to display some records, all records, scrolling lists of records... it's up to your imagination!
- Twitter API
- Twitter Feed
- Twitter Module
- Twitter Widget
- Social Marketing Integration
- Social Networking
- XMod Pro
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
Remember, we are continuing to update and enhance the control with new features from your requests and from our ongoing use of the control in client projects. Be sure to let us know your suggestions and requests!
To use this custom dataview within your XMod Pro templates, simply add the REGISTER tag to your template for the MooreCreative Views Twitter library, then follow instructions for customization and options within the new data view, mc:TwitterView.
The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro template as a starter example for you to work from.
Tokens available for use within in the XMod Pro template (ItemTemplate)
Useful links regarding setup of Twitter Timeline & Feeds:
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal