(5 product reviews.)
User Import Export v1.3
posted by PHDobson - 9/29/2009
PHDobson Active Since 7/29/2005
(1 total reviews for PHDobson in the last six months.)
Ask a Question
12 users are watching this product.
The "User Import Export" module has been designed to provide a simple, robust and efficient module to import and export users to/from DotNetNuke portals. This module will handle any number of user accounts without the normal limitations of web-based applications. Features include:
- Import file of user details to add/update/delete user accounts in DotNetNuke portals.
- Rapid export of users. Major improvements in the performance of the export function.
- Export user accounts using simple or complex selection criteria.
- Handles all default user fields, as well as all custom profile fields.
- Roles can be exported and imported, including start/end date for each role.
- Background processing function for the import of user accounts removes the need to wait for the import to complete. Simply select the background processing option while importing and the results will be emailed to you once the import has completed. No timeouts on the import - processing of the import happens in the background and will restart even if the server is restarted.
- Allows use of Tab delimited, XML and CSV files for the importing and exporting of user accounts.
- Allows selection of fields to include in the export file.
- Can use the output file from our "Bulk User Manager" module for transferring user accounts from earlier versions of DotNetNuke.
- Wizard type interface for ease of use. Includes comprehensive help screens.
Try our demo version - fully functional, but limited to just five user accounts for importing and exporting.
Compare against our Bulk User Manager module - compare the features of our two user management modules.
This module has been tested and is supported on the following versions of DotNetNuke:
- 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 4.3.7
- 4.5.0, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.5.3, 4.5.5
- 4.6.0, 4.6.2
- 4.8.0, 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3, 4.8.4
- 4.9.0, 4.9.1, 4.9.2, 4.9.3, 4.9.4, 4.9.5
- 5.1.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.3, 5.1.4
- 5.2.1,5.2.2, 5.2.3
- 5.4.0, 5.4.1, 5.4.2, 5.4.4
- 5.5.0, 5.5.1
- 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.6.2, 5.6.3, 5.6.4, 5.6.5, 5.6.6, 5.6.7
- 6.0.0, 6.0.1
- 6.1.0, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5
- 6.2.0, 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 6.2.6 (New)
Q: Does this module import the User ID?
A: No. We do export it, but the DNN API that we use does not allow the import of this. We are looking at making this an option in a future release, but there are a number of problems that we need to sort out before we do.
Q: I am running DNN 5.6.3. I tried your trial demo but when installing got the message "This package does not appear to be a valid DotNetNuke Extension as it does not have a manifest. Old (legacy) Skins and Containers do not contain manifests. If this package is a legacy Skin or Container Package please check the appropriate radio button below, and click Next." Does the product support version 5.6.3?
A: Yes. You need to unzip the download to expose the two versions, one for DNN 4 and one for DNN 5 and above.
Q: Does your module allow the importing of a users password?
A: Yes, in plain text format.
Q: Do you offer a version of this module w/ Source Code?
A: No. We do provide customization services for our modules.
Q: When importing users, Can I define what role(s) the users get assigned to?
A: Yes. They are defined on a user basis.
Q: will this module export custom profile fields?
A: Yes, it will export the values in the custom profile fields. Providing the custom profile fields have been created in the destination portal instance, the values can be imported directly into these fields.
Q: I downloaded the trial version, but don't seem to be able to get any csv file to load any information. I just get a table of blanks. I suspect that I don't have my csv file formatted properly, but can't find any instructions.
We always recommend that you export a few user accounts to determine the format of the file for your particular configuration of DNN. As the file format will change depending on this, it is the only way to work out the format.
Q: Is this a new version of Bulk User Manager? What is the difference between the two?
A: No. This is a new module aimed at importing very large numbers of users. The main feature of it is a background processing mode for importing users.
We are working on a new version of the Bulk User Manager.
Q: Hi, does this module support the importing/exporting of custom profile fields?
A: Yes. All DNN custom profile fields are imported and exported.
Ask a Question
- You may install the Bulk User Manager module on a single instance of DotNetNuke and use it on all child portals running on that instance of DotNetNuke. You are permitted to install on two instances of DotNetNuke only when using the Bulk User Manager to transfer user accounts from one instance to another.
- You may install the Bulk User Manager module on a single physical or virtual server containing any number of DotNetNuke instances and use it on all child portals running on those instances of DotNetNuke. You are permitted to install on two servers only when using the Bulk User Manager module to transfer user accounts from one instance to another.
- You may install the Bulk User Manager module on any number of physical or virtual servers owned by a single organization containing any number of DotNetNuke instances.
Works every time. Saved me hours of work. Thank You.
Couldn't live without this durning my massive DNN4 to DNN6 movment from different environments... perfect! Thanks.
Fantastic product with great support. It just works.