Do you want to give your portal users the ability to flag your web site within popular communities such as Pinterest, Google +, Twitter, Digg, MySpace or Facebook? You can make this happen by using our Social Bookmarks module for DotNetNuke. Setup is easy and you can even customize the sites your users link to from within the module setup screen.
Social Bookmarks are essentially the collaborative equivalent of storing favorites or bookmarks within a web browser, social bookmarking services (like del.icio.us, Digg, Facebook or Twitter) let people store their favorite web sites online so that they can access them anytime and anywhere from a variety of different computers or mobile devices.Users can also share their favorite web sites with other internet users, making them a great way to discover new sites or colleagues who share your interests.
Please visit our site to Demo a few bookmarks OR view Frequently Asked Questions.
|Over 50 Bookmark Sites
The system is installed with over 50 bookmark sites.
Our system allows you to add, edit and delete bookmarks sites as needed. You can also change the bookmark image.
You can setup the module to dynamically submit the current page or control the url used to link to social bookmarking sites. Allows you to direct users to the most appropriate area of your site when linked.
|Email Page Link:
Option that allows you to add an email button with a message that is customizable through by the user. You may also add a CC and BCC in the bookmark setting screen so that you are informed of what your users are saying about you.
Option that allows you to display a print button for users to print the entire web page.
|Widget/Counter and Buttons:
The system provides widgets and buttons to achieve the look and functionality you want.
If you are using a version of Social Bookmarks prior to version 4.2 then you will need to uninstall the previous version before installing the latest version.
Enhancements to version 5.0.10 include:
Enhancements to version 5.0.9 include:
- addition of Pinterest and Google + buttons
- removal of extinct bookmark sites
- code modification
Enhancements to version 5.0.8 include:
- minor updates to demo version
- tested on DNN 6.x
Enhancements to version 5.0.7 include:
- the ability to allow for administrative setting of a cc and bcc within the bookmark setting screen so that you are informed of what your users are saying about you.
- tested on DNN 5.6.3
Enhancements to version 5.0 include:
- the addition of 3 new bookmark links (Google Buzz, Linked In, NetLog)
- the creation of a bookmark add/edit/delete interface that allows users with edit permission to manage bookmark sites
- the addition of 3 different Share This widgets
- modification to the link generation engine that standardizes link URL to W3C conformance
Enhancements to version 4.3 include:
- the addition of 6 new bookmark sites (Live Journal, Mail.RU, MY.YA, KOHTAKTE, Live, Live Internet)
- an update to the facebook link
Enhancements to version 4.2 include:
- development of dynamic URLs. This is useful if your site uses URL rewriting
- the addition of email capability that uses you DotNetNuke email settings to email links
Enhancements to version 4.1 include:
- the development of dynamic page titles - great when 3rd party modules are used to change page titles dynamically.
- an update to facebook link
Enhancements to version 4.0 include:
- updates to existing links
- the addition of Dynamic URL generation for site running in Friendly URL mode. If you are not running in Friendly URL mode you can hard code your webpage into the module as needed
- testing for version 5.x of DotNetNuke