(2 product reviews.)
|Who we are
|We've been developing commercial modules for DotNetNuke since DotNetNuke version 1.x - you can rest assured that your modules are supported now and into the future. We're not a fly by night company where you have to worry if your module will be supported with the next new DotNetNuke release.
We're one of the largest module developers for the DotNetNuke platform. Our total source code libraries contain in excess of a half a million lines of code specifically for the DotNetNuke platform and contain some of the largest and most sophisticated modules developed for the DotNetNuke platform.
We use .NET technologies to their advantage.
- Server side controls instead of user controls to maximize performance and overhead on your .NET server.
- Common module libraries to reduce code execution and to increase "black box" testing across applications.
- Our code is cross-DotNetNuke version, which means if you decide to enhance our code - it will work across a newer DotNetNuke version. Most module developers must re-code portions of their modules as DotNetNuke goes through major version releases - we do not. We pass that time and expense savings onto you, by supporting the widest platform capability for current module releases of any module developer (DotNetNuke Version 2.12 through Version 6.x)
We utilize advanced build and deployment techniques to insure the most possible smooth upgrades to both your modules and what happens if you upgrade your DotNetNuke platform. We deploy the most sophisticated build and deployment system in use for DotNetNuke. Modules are automated and built using nant, assembled and updated to www.dnn-modules.com which automatically inspects the versions so that you can know at a moment's glance if your module has been updated. Builds are repeatable and in accordance to best practices for software development. When you purchase from Snowcovered, you are automatically registered and granted access to all latest builds and any other specific downloads that we may offer for your module.
And finally, we believe that you "buy into" our products and their continual lifecycle of improvements. We have not introduced any upgrade fees for well over 2 years. That includes DotNetNuke version 2 through DotNetNuke Version 4 modifications, enhancements to our code and corrective releases. Very few developers can back up their claims with that kind of track record. We invest on average over 2,500 person hours per year into the continual development of our modules to insure that you get the best value for your money, now and into the future.
Please check our site, www.dnn-modules.com for more detailed information and special discounts on our products.
|Portal Store for DotNetNuke
|Portal Store is a leading pioneer in e-commerce technologies for the DotNetNuke Platform. Portal Store was originally released even before DNN 1.x was released, and has seen many changes and enhancements as the years have progressed. dnn-modules.com officially took over Portal Store development in December 2004 and has significantly revamped the entire system. In other words, this is not the "old" Portal Store. Complete and enhanced user interfaces for the quick data entry and system modifications.
Portal Store is arguably the most configurable and flexible store front software out there for the DotNetNuke platform. Offering a multitude of configurable elements that are being added to as we get requests and suggestions from our many customers.
Comprised of well over 200 controls and 300 classes - Portal Store a good model for creating reusable and flexible code, as it's entire functionality is coded in approximately 60,000 lines of code. We feel the number of lines of code by itself is not important, but the number of lines of code per each control is the more important amount - especially if you want to enhance Portal Store with your own functionality in this case, the less amount of code per control you have is better and more easier to manage and customize.
Please go to www.dnn-modules.com and download a 15 day evaluation edition of PortalStore and/or the system administrator's reference guide and other documents.
|Portal Store is a server based license. You can use portal store on as many portals or DNN installations that you own under one physical server. Regardless of domain names, or DNN installations.
Listed below is a sampling of the many features of Portal Store.
User Interface Ease of Use
- Portal store can be used just by using one module for the straightforward installations. Portal Store has other, secondary modules that allow you to fully integrate Portal Store throughout your website.
- Portal Store is fully tool tipped with instructions on the various options and capabilities that are available to you.
- Very sophisticated options for the setup of your store, organized in a hierarchal menu that describes the main function areas that you can modify.
- Portal Store can be used a regular store, or as a directory. It can also be "switched" to become a points reward store based upon sales of other stores on your portal.
- More than one store can exist in a portal.
- Multiple catalogs per store each with varying:
- skin layouts
- price display choices
- Price Adjustments per catalog
- Enable MSRP pricing for the catalog
- Each catalog has a master category and then hierarchical sub categories underneath it.
- two stage (work on catalog .. then publish for view to allow catalog work to be performed before the customer sees the new catalog items)
- Distinct separation between the shippable bundled package and the individual inventoried products that are consumed with the order of the package.
- Packages can contain options which govern options for the bundled package separate from inventoried items.
- Packages can have discounts based upon the prior sale of other packages.
- Packages can have quantity discounts
- Packages can have multiple images, either in a gallery view or as a slideshow.
- You can set up in the store settings automatic SKU generation for SKU standardization.
- Products are inventoried elements contained in a package. they can consist of Digital Downloads, Subscriptions,
- Products can be optionally included in inventory.
- Settings at the store level control warning thresholds and absolute thresholds for product inventory
- Settings at the catalog level control whether or not items without inventory are displayed
- Settings at the Store level control on WHEN a inventory item is deducted (ie: on a pending order, or when the order completes or ships)
FAQ's and Reviews
- FAQ's and Reviews are enabled in the store.
- You can set the reviews to only be from users that have purchased the item.
- Optionally configure terms and conditions that must be supplied.
- Role enabled that only specific users have the ability to enroll as a vendor into your store.
- Each vendor can have their own splash or landing page for their listings
- Each vendor has isolated image directories.
- Vendor selects for a list of applicable payment methods.
- Vendor payment performs "payment" sweeping that takes into account hold-back percentages and timeframes, withholding periods and payment frequencies.
- Admin updates payment sweep information as well as specific notations for the vendor to see in their control panel.
Referrals (awards programs)
- Optionally use a random generated Id or the user's email address as the referral id.
- Set the referral % at the store level.
- Automatically add referred users to a specific security role after order completes.
- Referral Terms and Conditions can be mandatory to accept prior to enrolment.
- Referral Payment methods can be chosen from the following:
- Bank Transfers, PayPal, Store Credit, Check
- Referral Signups can select:
- Direct html links to specific catalog items, catalogs, catalog categories.
- "Remote Ad serving" such as what Google Adwords has to display content on ANY website (HTML or other)
Wish Cart (WishList functionality)
- Store settings control the "relations" to the customer ie: Parents, Grandparents, Brother, Sister
- Store controls whether contacts are mandatory
Digital Downloads Support
Portal Store is tailored for the digital downloads from purchases. Offering several different methods to support file delivery to your customers. A standalone tailored download module, support for Snowcovered's ION Processing, automatic shipping status change upon download, max download attempt and download attempt logging.
Portal Store Shipping
- Portal Store provides shipping for:
- Basic weight based shipping
- Basic unit count shipping
- netShip shipping
- Portal Store also supports shipping tracking via the .netShip provider, or manual entry of html links to specific tracking information
- Fallback calculations if online shipping rates not available.
- Portal Store will also work with the shipping provider to provide shipment tracking online, or manually for your customers.
- DNN's most sophisticated Multi-Currency enabled application
- Portal Store's multi-currency supports:
- real time rates with % or fixed price adjustment.
- Day Rates at a specific time of day
- Selectable currency choices
- Manual currency rate entry
- Taxes are by Country / Region with fallback
Payment Methods included with Portal Store (default):
- Manual Credit Card Processing
- Manual non-credit card orders
- COD Orders
Compliance, Visa / Mastercard and legal.
- Credit Card #'s are only stored as per compliance rules for the lifespan of the order transaction. After which, the sensitive financial data is removed to prevent possible misuse and compliance hassles.
- Portal Store stores temporarily the credit card # and the CCV #, the Credit Card number is changed to the last 5 digits only, and the CCV number is removed after processing completes.
- Portal Store supports legal and tax compliance to record keeping. Deleting products or catalog entries will not remove the order information for either the user, or the administrator.
- DNN Modules will not enhance Portal Store in any way that may deny Visa or Mastercard compliance, in other words, specific and tailored functionality that is obviously for high-risk sellable goods or e-goods will never be part of Portal Store. Even if you don't use this functionality, with more rigorous audit practices of Visa and Mastercard, we feel it's not worth the risk to our customers.
- Any changes we do to portal store always consider the ramifications to either legal or merchant compliance. Regardless, you should always insure that you are selling a compliant ecommerce good as in accordance to your merchant policies.
Search Engine Optimization
- Portal Store has a separate site list optimized for spiders to crawl through your catalog.
- Each catalog, master category and sub-category can set it's own meta tags for title, description and keywords
- Each catalog item can set it's own title, description and keywords metatags
Image / File Management
- Images can be resized, watermarked, either by batch or singularly.
- Images can be uploaded one at a time, or by batch.
- Images are resolving, ie: a package image will ripple down to the catalog item displayable image, if none exists for the catalog item.
- Separate images can exist for what the user sees on the catalog browse, versus the item details.
- Images in the item details can be displayed using a slideshow, or with a thumbnailed list.
- Skin Themes control the presentation of images, layout, stylesheets, and html rendering templates.
- Catalog Item skin can have many various objects, and objects can be added without programmatic change to Portal Store.
Order Processing Rules and Checkout Rule
- Optionally set at the store level
- Maximum First Order Amount
- Minimum Time between first and second order.
- Maximum second order amount.
- Maximum order amount.
- Email domain Extension validation
- Bill to / user's country matching
- Maximum Pending orders
- Maximum Failed Orders
- Block specific email addresses, IP addresses, Credit Card #'s, Names
- validate email hostname
- selectable list of valid hostnames
- Limit countries to a selectable list for Bill To / Ship To.
- Force mandatory telephone number and/or region.
- Automatic User registration and option subscription to security role on order.
- Settings for automatic mailing list enrollment into Email Manager.
- Order and Payment Emails fully templated.
- Choose on what Order and Payment statuses you wish to send out emails.
- Portal Store uses advanced Providers to control;
- Payment Status
- Import Sources
- Import Targets
- Portal Store sends application Events to site track to assist with tracking and reporting on Portal Store activity.
Advanced Email Manager
- Portal Store integrates with Email manager to provide automatic mailing list subscriptions during checkout.
Snowcovered ION Processing
- Portal Store integrates with Snowcovered's ION Processing to allow for automatic updates to your site from Snowcovered sales.
Additional Modules included with Portal store
- Dynamic Featured Module. Intelligently display featured, recommended, related, related user purchased items while a user navigates through the store.
- Dynamic Content Module. Dynamically control text prompts for promotion, instructions to your customers as they navigate through store.
- SLL Module - Portal Store includes an advanced SSL module to control your DNN website's handling of SSL.