Free Upgrade for previous licensees with v3.0.0 or above. Check your patches / hotfixes section of snowcovered
What is Live Content ?
Live Content is ultimate content presentation solution for DotNetNuke.
It can show Pictures, Videos, DNN Modules, Audio, Content, Flash, and External Content. It supports Multilingual Content, AJAX Uploads, Automatic Video Encoding, Automatic Thumbnails, Dynamic Image Resizing, Themes, Templates, and much more...
Live Content is also integrated with YouTube, Amazon S3, and Google Analytics.
- No plugins like Flash or Java required
- Uses latest Web 2.0 technologies
- XHTML Validated
Live Content is made up of "ELEMENTS"
Live Content includes following 7 elements:
Live Content's documentation is available online and also included as part of the download.
View Release Log
- Live Content Module
- Includes all 7 Elements
- LC Tags Cloud Module
- Works with all Elements
- Live Content Encoder
- Windows Application
Includes a windows application to convert all popular video formats to either FLV or MP4 (H.262) format.
Due to complex nature of video formats, we do not gurantee our LC Encoder will work for all videos. Please download the trial and evaluate it for your specific needs.
LC Tags Cloud Module
Includes a sub-module to generate Tags Cloud based on elements' tags.
Allows full control on determining tags weight and their look and feel through CSS.
See it in action on eVideo demo page.
Use our AJAX based interface to upload one or multiple pictures. It queues multiple pictures and shows real time upload progress. Optionally, add Watermark and Auto Resize images during upload for web standards while maintaining original aspect ratio and transparency.
Live Content automatically extracts metadata from uploaded images such as title, caption, tags, etc... from many popular programs such as Photoshop, Picassa, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Optionally, browse existing images on portal. Live Content supports all DotNetNuke directory types, including Secured and Database. Saving your files in Secured database prevents unauthenticated access to full size images (thumbnails will still be visible). Of course, you can also elect to store your images in database rather than DNN File System.
Live Content is integrated with Amazon S3 and also supports Internet URLs for showing pictures.
Use our AJAX based interface to upload one or multiple videos simultaneously. It queues multiple videos and shows real time upload progress. Live Content automatically encodes videos from all popular formats to either FLV or MP4 (H.264) format just like YouTube does. Not only that, it will also automatically generate multiple thumbnails for user to select from.
Supports new MP4 (H.264) format which makes Live Content iPhone / iPad / iPod compatible
User Uploads allows your site users to upload their own videos.
Live Content also includes Live Content Encoder, a windows application, to quickly and easily encode bulk videos to either FLV or MP4 (H.264) format.
Live Content is flexible. Videos can be created from either existing videos on portal, Amazon S3, or an Internet URL. YouTube integration makes it a breeze to add videos from YouTube. Just provide the URL of the YouTube page and Live Content will do the rest; even the thumbnails are automatically fetched from YouTube.
Live Content is designed for ease of use along with powerful features such as RTMP Streaming and Playlists support.
You can customize the Video Player's look and feel to match your site. Out of the box, Live Content comes with 15+ Video Player Skins.
Videos can also be configured to Auto Launch & Auto Start as well as repeated.
eContent element allows you to overlay any Text/HTML content and therefore its possibilities are only limited by your imagination. It allows you to create stunning tooltips and other Text/HTML driven applications such as announcements, advertisements, product catalogs, and much more...
It is ideal for showing infomercials, system messages, and other important messages when combined with Auto Launch feature.
Content will be indexed by search engines since Live Content is designed to be Search Engine Optimized (SEO). Optionally, content can also be indexed by DNN Search.
eModule element allows you to overlay any existing DotNetNuke Module. It opens endless possibilities to extend your portal in many ways.
Optional View State maintains the state of the popup and automatically launches the module again at postback or page refresh.
An admin can also pass in custom querystring and parameters to embedded modules.
Use our AJAX based interface to upload one or multiple MP3s. It queues multiple files and shows real time upload progress. It can also play existing MP3 files on your portal, through Amazon S3, or an Internet URL.
Supports preview image and a sleek Mini Mode for audio playback.
Combine the power of Live Content Templates and eAudio element allows an admin to quickly create a visually stunning Audio Library.
eFrame element provides yet another dimension of flexibility in Live Content. Simply provide a valid URL and the content will be expanded within the active browser window.
Ideal to show any external content by specificying the URL. Supports both DNN Standard Tokens and Live Content specific Tokens for greater flexibility to create dynamic URLs.
eFlash element allows you to overlay any flash object; such as applications, games, and other interactive content.
Use our AJAX based interface to upload one or multiple SWF files. It queues multiple files and shows real time upload progress. It can also show existing SWF files on your portal, through Amazon S3, or an Internet URL.
Supports custom parameters and variables.
Multilingual Content ( Dynamic Localization )
Live Content supports multilingual content or dynamic localization.
Each element can be configured to show for All Locales or a Specific Locale. This allows you to present different content for each Locale (Language)
Allows your site users' to upload their own pictures and videos.
- Specify security roles that can upload pictures
- Specify security roles that can upload videos
- Specify security roles that can moderate (by default, all user uploads require moderation)
- Specify security roles that are auto-approved (bypass moderation)
- Specify maximum file size for both pictures and videos
- User can upload videos in virtually any format and it will be automatically encoded; thumbnails are automaticaly generated.
- An admin can specify to automatically resize pictures to predefined limits at upload.
- Specify seperate upload complete message for Auto Approved and Require Approval users.
Live Content automatically creates thumbnails on the fly and caches them to improved performance.
- Dimensions: creates thumbnails in different sizes based on admin defined width and height
- Constrained Proportions: creates thumbnails while maintaining their aspect ratio
- Square Thumbnails: creates square thumbnails by cropping a square image from the original image
- Padded Thumbnails: creates square thumbnails while maintaining their aspect ratio by padding the image with an admin defined color.
Thumbnails are created on the fly ( at runtime ) and therefore do not incur additional disk cost. They are cached for optimal performance and optimized to reduce bandwitdh and page size.
Live Content is extremely powerful when used in combination with Templates. With some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, Live Content can be used to create amazing applications. Every aspect of the module can be customized using templates. Following templates are available:
- Title: Template to customize the title of the launched element
- Caption: Template to customize the caption of the launched element
- Content: Template to customize the module appearance. This allows you to customize the module to match any interface such as YouTube's Video Library or Flickr's Photo Gallery.
- Toolbar: Template to customize the toolbar that appears above the module. Toolbar is visible to your site users if they have permission to upload pictures or videos.
- Master: Master template allows complete customization of module and allows an admin to move elements as desired. For example, it can be used to remove the toolbar altogether or to move the paging control on top of the module instead of default below the module.
Templates are driven by basic HTML and CSS knowledge. Live Content includes all DNN Standard tokens in addition to Live Content specific tokens to fully customize the appearance.
Live Content includes host of options to customize the module. These include:
- Layout: specifies whether the module is rendered in Table or Flow mode. An admin can specify the # of columns and if using table mode the cell padding, cell spacing, and table alignment.
- Transitions: specify whether to use Expand transition or Fade transition when opening or closing an element.
- SlideShow: available for all eleements. An admin can specify the interval (time between switching elements) and Live Content automatically creates the play, pause, previous, and next icons.
- Allow Multiple Instances: by default, Live Content allows multiple elements to expand simultaneously; however, an admin can change this behavior.
- Paging: is implemented automatically. Simply specify # of elements that should appear on a given page and Live Content does the rest.
- Themes: Live Content supports custom themes. Creating themes is quick and easy using CSS.
- Google Analytics: integrated with Google Analytics to keep track of all element clicks
- Amazon S3: integrated with Amazon S3
|Common Properties - All Elements
Following properties applies to all elements:
- Title: visible above the launched element
- Caption: visible below the launched element
- Tags: to identify content much like other sites such as YouTube.com and Digg.com. Clicking on a link will bring related elements
- Dimensions: each element has its own width and height
- Lightbox: famous lightbox effect which darkens the background and brings the element in view
- Anchor: specifies how the element is launched with respect to its thumbnail or launching link
- Alignment: specifies where the element is launched such as: Auto (relative to the launching thumbnail or link), Center (at screen center), Absolute (at defined absolute x and y coordinates), or Relevant (at defined x and y coordinates relative to specifiied object)
- Link Type: specifies whether to show a thumbnail or a link (generated from title)
- Launch Type: specifies whether to launch the element on mouse click (default) or on mouseover
- View State: it tracks the view state of an element. For example, if an element is launched and the user navigates to another page, upon user's return to the page he/she will find the element launched (just the way it was left of)
- Auto Launch: automatically launches an element when the page is viewed. It can be configured to launch Everytime, Once Per Session, or Once Per Device only
- Auto Close: automatically closes an element after a defined interval. This is a great option to show important messages that auto close after being visible for x amount of time.
- Modal Window: ensures that user cannot close the element unless a explicit close option is included by the content author or the element auto closes.
- DNN Searchable: specifies whether an element and its content is available to DNN Search
- Call Tag: allows an element to be launched from outside of Live Content module. This allows you to launch the element from anywhere on the page.
- Custom Data: includes 5 data fields for custom data.
Live Content is optimized for performance. It was developed with following considerations:
- Cached Thumbnails and Pictures
- Cached Module Data
- XHTML Validated
DNN Search (iSearchable)
Not only all of your Live Content elements will be indexed by DNN Search, the search link will show the user precisely what he/she might be searching for. DNN Search Links automatically launches the element; so if your user searches for a Video or Image and clicks on any of the search result, he/she will automatically be linked to "Live Content" page and the element searched for will be automatically launched.
Import / Export (iPortable)
Export feature is implemented. It allows you to export the entire module configuration to an XML file. This is a great feature for backup or to move configuration from one module to another. Simply backup the folder (which hosts images, videos) along with the XMl file and you have a complete backup of the module. Easy to move between sites or different hosts.
Import feature allows you to import the XML file generated in Export feature.
Live Content is fully localized. All static text and labels can be localized using the DotNetNuke Admin > Languages interface.
|Live Content Encoder Formats
Our Live Content Module and the Windows Application will automatically convert your videos to either FLV or MP4 (H.264) format.
Following is not a complete list of formats supported.
All popular videos formats are supported; however, we strongly recommend downloading the trial and testing your specific videos.
Live Content supports and has been tested to work with any version above and including DNN 4.6.2
This module does not modify the dotnetnuke core in any manner. It can be installed/uninstalled without effecting other modules/content
Live Content has been tested to work with all modern browsers. Please contact us for specific versions
Medium Trust (ASP.NET Trust Level)
Live Content is compatible with Medium Trust; however, some features are not available in Medium Trust. Refer to documentation for details or download and evaluate a trial.
Live Content requires Full Trust for all features to be functional.
Domain Edition: One Production License is required to install and use this module on each Domain Name (alias). A domain name is defined as a single uniqute domain address; domain "www.domain.com" and "domain.com" are considered as single domain name. You must purchase additional Production License for each extra domain name such as "my.domain.com" or "support.domain.com". DNN Child Portals such as "www.domain.com/support" do not require additional licenses.
Portal Edition: One Production License is required to install and use the module on each Portal within the DotNetNuke (DNN) installation. A portal is defined as a unique website within DotNetNuke (DNN). A portal can be either a child and/or a parent portal.
Standard Edition: One Production License is required to install and use the module on each DotNetNuke (DNN) installation. A DotNetNuke (DNN) install is defined as a collection of DNN Portals that are running off same DNN database and/or file system.
Enterprise Edition: Allows unlimited DotNetNuke (DNN) installations and use of the module within your enterprise. Enterprise is defined as your company site(s) and those of your client(s).
Enterprise Edition w/Source: Same as Enterprise Edition but also includes C# Source Code.
Google, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon, Yahoo, CNN and all others are registered trademarks of respective organization(s) and are not affiliated with Mandeeps.com and/or Live Content in any manner.