Download an Evaluation Version - Source Code Available from www.OnyakTech.com
LinkNex is a multi-purpose hyperlink, Site Ring, Top Sites Directory and Banner Advertising module with six display options and two functional modes. Fully equipped with localization, email templated, role security, submission approval processing, hands off link administration functions, category filtering & selection, Top Sites & Banner metrics, automated link back failure detection and more! The best part is that LinkNex makes it easy for you to exchange links with other web sites to increase your search engine ranking!
Ways to use LinkNex:
Site Rings: Build a network sites where each link will take you to the next site. Use Categories to setup countless Site Rings.
Top Sites: Top site lists are a simple, but powerful system for driving tons of targeted traffic to your website.
Banner Advertising (New Feature): Easily add Banner and Link advertising to your site with click and impression counters.
Link Directory (New Feature): Organize thousands of links into an easy to navigate link directory
- Two Functional Modes: Modes change how LinkNex handles links into and out of your site making it easy to use LinkNex for many different solutions. These modes are defined below.
- Six Display Options: The Display Options change how links and banners are displayed. These display options are defined below.
- Automated Link-Back Detection (New Feature): When exchanging links with other sites, you will want to verify the sites you have linked to are providing a link back to your site. But you have much better things to do with your time, so this has been automated with LinkNex. On a daily bases (you can change when this check is performed) LinkNex will check all links for link-backs. When a link to your site is not found, the owner of the site is notified via Email and if the link is not added within a set period of time, the link will be removed from the LinkNex directory pending approval to be reactivated by you.
- Link Approval by DotNetNuke Roles: LinkNex won’t list sites unless they are first approved. You can set the DNN Roles who are responsible for approving links. When a new site is submitted, everyone in the assigned roles are emailed. This is also in place for existing links. In the Banner Exchange mode, users can change the links they submitted. Once changed, the links are deactivated and submitted for approval.
- Email Templates (New Feature): You fully control the subject and email body content for all emails sent from LinkNex.
- Control Link Submission Availability: You can hide the ability to submit new links to all users or make it only available to registered users of your site. This makes it possible to use LinkNex on one page to submit links while also using LinkNex throughout your site to display the approved banners without the link submission function.
- Hide Banner URL Field on Link Submissions (New Feature): If you have no need to display Banners on your site, you can disable this field from view during new site submissions.
- Categories: Use Categories to organize your links for each navigation or to filter out specific categories from view.
- Allow People To Edit Links: This feature allows people to change links they have added to LinkNex making it easy to keep information updated. After links are changed, they are submitted for approval.
- Optionally Notify Site Administrators of New Links: If enabled, LinkNex will also notify Site Administrators ( as well as the assigned approval roles ) of new links.
- Optionally Notify Link Owners of Link Approval: If enabled, LinkNex will email link owners when you approve their links.
- Custom Link Submission Instructions: Since LinkNex can be used for multiple solutions, we have provided you with a way to provide specific instructions to people when submitting new links.
Functional Modes: Modes are selected by clicking on the module menu option “Edit LinkNex Settings”, these options are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Top Sites: This mode sends all traffic to your site and displays a directory of all approved links. In this mode, all links into and out of your site are tracked and all links to your site will end at your site (unlike the Banner Exchange mode).
- Banner Exchange: This mode sends all traffic to your site but redirects the person who clicked the link to a random site within the same category of the site the person is coming from.
Banner Exchange Mode Example A: Use LinkNex on a community web site or portal hosting site where people can submit links to their site and adding a link back to LinkNex on their site. In this example, LinkNex acts as a link server by sending incoming requests to the next link in the category that the referral link is associated with. For example, if Microsoft.com and OnyakTech.com were setup in LinkNex under the Software Category and a person clicks the link on Microsoft.com, the link would go to LinkNex on your site. LinkNex would then update the metrics and redirect the user to OnyakTech.com.
Top Sites Mode Example A: Use LinkNex to increase traffic to your site by exchanging links with other site. To help increase the desire for other sites to promote your site, you would set LinkNex to Top Sites mode. This mode will list sites that have the most clicks to your site at the top of the your link exchange list. With a large list of links, web site owners will want to place your link in a highly visible area to practically beg visitors to click your link so that their link on your site will be listed first.
Top Sites Mode Example B: Use LinkNex to add banner or link advertising on your site. Using LinkNex, people can submit their links or banners for advertising on your site. Once approved, their link or banner will be randomly displayed with all other advertisements you have approved for listing. In this mode with this example, you will want to set the Display to “Banner”.
Top Sites Mode Example C: You host an information web site and want to provide a directory of links to your visitors. Since you may have a large amount of links in your directory, you will setup Categories to organize the links. In this mode with this example, you will want to set the Display to “Category Listing” so that the available Categories are listed at the top and when clicked show all links within that Category.
There are four possible displays for the link directory:
- Summary: Displays the title of each site
- Detailed: Displays the banner of each site
- Grid (Top Sites): Displays a list of the sites with the title, description, total hits into your site and total number of times people clicked that sites listing
- Grid (Banner Exchange): Displays a list of the sites with title, description and total number of times the sites banner was clicked.
- Category List (New Feature): Displays the Categories as links at the top of the page with the total number of links in that Category. When a user clicks on a Category, all links in that Category are listed below.
- Banner (New Feature): Displays a single random Banner or Link.
All Display Options are governed by the Category filtering you have specified in the module settings.
LinkNex Screen Shots