(1 product reviews.)
In this day and age, users want a quick and simple way to find other users within a community. Dynamic User Directory allows you to define search criteria, customize result templates, add filters, and more. It's the perfect compliment to Dynamic Registration, too. Use your custom profile fields like images and other details to enhance your results!
Dynamic User Directory is also an excellent reporting tool -- a must for anyone seeking to take full advantage of sorting user input and export to MS Excel® in order to:
- Create custom user directories and reports using user profile properties
- Evaluate business statistics
- Improve communication flow
- Get better acquainted with your users
Did you know you can get Dynamic User Directory with other modules in cost-saving packages? Check these out:
User Management Suite 2.0
What's new in 4.1?
- Improved performance -- Major new caching features for all database queries
- More efficiency -- Manage the User Data Feed scheduled task easily from within the control panel and module interface. Much quicker for reviewing any potential problems and kicking off the scheduled tasks from the control panel
- New Search Functions
- Ability to search User Roles, instead of just filtering by security roles
- New "Search All" field searches all user profile fields
- Better integration with Dynamic Forms -- hide the search and enable auto-search from query string variables
- Improved Template Options -- Use the new Gridview option instead of an HTML template. Using the Gridview option, you can choose which fields you want to appear on your template.
- Google Maps Integration
- Now includes integration with Google Maps using a map token within the header and footer.
- Use the Google Maps Location Integration within the Search function to limit results within a range of miles.
- All new DNN6 Style Sheet classes
What's new in 4.0?
- Display user images with more ease and options!
- Use the new [UserImage] token to render either the User Profile Image in DotNetNuke or an image uploaded through Dynamic Registration.
- Display images as a thumbnail, the full image or a thumbnail with a link to the full image.
- Pop up the full image from the thumbnail using jQuery Lytebox effect.
- Control height and width settings of your thumbnails.
- Select any of our default images or use your own as an alternate if the user does not provide an image.
- Important New Features for the Search Function
- By popular demand: Search criteria can now use the 'OR' operator, not just 'AND'
- Now use security roles as a search criteria (previous versions only allowed filters to include/exclude users in roles).
- Quickly narrow your results by using up to 2 sort order fields. Examples: Sort by last name, then sort by first name. Or sort by Territory, then sort by Sales Office.
- Highly requested! Search using various date criteria: Greater than, equal to or less than Specified Date.
- Select the right data type for your search field (Text, Datetime, Integer, or Currency) for more accurate results when using search conditions.
- Random Display now lets you rotate your displayed users in random order. Break out of the “top 10 results” limitation!
- Use any of these new tokens in your template for additional details: [CreatedbyUserID], [LastModifiedUserID], [CreatedOnDate], [LastModifiedDate].
- Display Who's Online
- Use a token to display if the user is online.
- [UserOnline] token will render images set for online or offline.
- Use our default images or choose your own.
- Generate and download a VCard for the user and keep current on this growing trend!
- New User Data Feed provides quick access to view and manage the module's scheduler and cache settings.
What's new in V3.0?
- Extremely fast performance! Many R&D hours bear fruit with performance improvement over 400% using cutting edge query methods.
- Individual Detail Pages can now have its own SEO settings including custom page titles, page descriptions, and page keywords based on specific user data. For example, when navigating to a user's detail page, the page title can read "User Directory - Bob Jones, Denver, Colorado" by setting the template to be 'User Directory - [DisplayName], [City], [State].
- New AJAX paging eliminates page refresh and works much better with SEO tools.
- Search fields can now be marked as 'required' with optional validation error messages.
- Search label suffix can now be set.
- Control Panel Quick Menu and Quick Edit icons offer improved admin interface.
- New lettered navigation now available to display results using an alphabetical search filter. Which field this filter applies to is all up to you!
- Note: this version requires SQL Server 2005.
What's new in V2.5?
- New Administration Control Panel to easily manage the user directory template, the search fields, the module configuration, etc.
- Export to Excel features can be defined per security roles. This means that you can set up the ability to export the filtered/searched results to an Excel file, and you can limit the export link to users within a specific security role.
- Hide search conditions dropdownlist - Search conditions such as 'Contains', 'Begins With', 'Not Empty' were currently defined within a dropdownlist, however you might only want to have a single criteria so now you can optionally hide the search criteria.
- IPORTABLE Support - Dynamic User Directory now supports exporting and importing the directory template, module configuration, search fields, and other settings!
- Optionally only display authorized users only.
- Define search field labels - Within previous versions you could setup the search field labels based on localized variables (which you still can for localization), however now these search labels can easily be defined directly within the administration control panel.
What's new in 2.4?
- Significant performance improvements related to retrieving the results. We have been running benchmarks between the previous version and are updated scripts for pulling in the data are much faster. Previously the data was generated primarily via code and the new method involves very efficient SQL queries, stored procedures, and views. Simply put - its much faster.
- Ability to allow the user to change the page size; also define initial page size, which page size options are available to the user and if the page size control is aligned to the left or the right of the page
- New Maximum Number of results to retrieve - another performance option which will only render the first 'x' number of results to the module. This can be useful if you have a large membership database and want to force the user to search to render fewer records.
- New option to now display the page numbers on the top, bottom, or both the top and the bottom of the results
- New search localization features to allow the ability to localize search conditions (such as begins with, ends with, etc...)
- New search localization features to allow the ability to localize search labels and fields
- Optionally display a results count to the user, showcasing the number of total results displayed along with the listings within that page and current page number etc...
What's new in 2.2?
- New feature to include a 'Detailed' profile view. Now you can include a link within the item template to take you to a more detailed view of the user information. The detailed view can also be defined within a Rich Text Editor for full layout features.ly
- New features to include an image for search button instead of link and select the text or image you would like (along with other options to optionally not display results until after initial search, alignment of the search options, etc...)
- Works with all DotNetNuke Core and Extended Profile Fields
- New feature to optionally exclude certain roles from the user directory or only include certain roles for the user directory
- New search features: Search fields can now also be a dropdownlist or combo box of items that can either be manually entered within the administration page or can use a SQL query to return the list of items for the search field
- New ability to export results to Excel if you are an administrator of the portal
What's new in 2.0?
- Dynamic User Directory works as either an add on to Dynamic Registration or as a standalone user directory module for DotNetNuke
- New ' Debug mode' for advanced users to tweak the directories filter and search criteria.
What's new in 1.2? -
- New Dynamic Search, Administrator can set the dynamic fields, available search qualifiers (i.e. Begins with, Contains, Ends with, etc...), and default search criteria/input.
- Extended paging, sorting, and speed enhancements
- New support to allow for pictures to be included from the new Picture/Image field with Dynamic Registration
- Display as few or as many fields within the directory. The Administrator can create and easily modify the template for the directory including where dynamic responses should be placed.
Item Template Example:
Name: [Last Name], [First Name]
Phone: [Home Phone]
- Set header/footer templates as well as an item template with the Rich Text Editor.
- Easily create separate user directories based on separate Dynamic Registration Modules. With Dynamic Registration you can create separate registration forms within your portal for different types of users (i.e. one for job seekers and one for employers). With Dynamic User Directory you can then create separate user directories as well!
- Don’t need a directory? What about Reports? Dynamic User Directory can also be used for created custom reports of your users and their responses to registration questions.
- Set the sort order field (i.e. Last Name) for the directory, ascending or descending order.
- Preview your directory/report based easily from the administration module
- Set the number of records to display per page
More Product Details
User Guide (PDF)
Dynamic User Directory Trial
Directory Demo 1
Directory Demo 2
Directory w/ Pictures
Manage User / Detail Template
Unlimited Search Fields
Multiple Search Options
Export to Excel
|Q. Can I use the module(s) on several pages on my site?
||A. Yes, you can have multiple instances of the modules across your site.
|Q. What if I have several portals on the same DNN installation?
||A. If you only have one DNN installation, your Standard edition will work for you across multiple portals.
|Q. What license will I need if I have several sites?
||A. The Enterprise Edition is a license for as many DNN installations that you directly own and operate. This, however, does not include a license to redistribute to clients. You may purchase Standard or Enterprise licenses on behalf of your clients so they have their own licenses. However, if you wish to purchase 1 license that will allow you to install at unlimited # of client sites, then you will need the Developer License.
|Q. What kinds of customers will need the Developer License?
A. The key factor for the Developer License is re-distribution. Here are some examples where the Developer License will be required:
- A web developer who will install the module(s) in multiple client sites.
- A franchise company who operates applications using our modules across multiple franchisee websites.
- A business entity with independent contractors where the business entity provides website templates using our modules for various sites to operate the independent contractor's business.
|Q. What do you mean by “direct access to Data Springs support.“
||A. For customers who have the Standard or Enterprise license, this means that the customer can contact Data Springs directly via the Contact Us (Support) Form or a Snowcovered HelpDesk ticket for questions and for problem resolution. The same is true if you have the Developer License. However, If you obtained your modules through a developer using a Developer License, please course all questions through this developer. The developer can contact Data Springs for issues that need further assistance. Please see our Data Springs Support Agreement for more details.
|Q. Please explain your policy regarding access to patches.
||A. All Standard, Enterprise, or Developer licensees can access patches within your Snowcovered.com account under Patches and Hotfixes and/or MyDownloads. However, if you obtained your module through a developer, please contact your developer directly to access any available patches.
|Q. What about the Upgrade Path and Discounts?
||A. As a Standard, Enterprise, or Developer licensee, there may be automatic discounts available to you when you upgrade. Please see our Upgrade Policy for details. If you obtained your modules through a developer, please contact your developer for product updates and pricing.
Data Springs Inc.
DYNAMIC USER DIRECTORY LICENSE AGREEMENT PROVISIONS
Software License Agreement
1. This is an agreement between Licensor (Data Springs Inc.) and Licensee, who is being licensed to use the named
Software (“Dynamic User Directory”).
2. Licensee acknowledges that this is only a limited nonexclusive license. Licensor is and remains the owner of all titles,
rights, and interests in the Software. Licensee may not sell, distribute, or package for sale named Software.
3. This License permits Licensee to install the Software on one installation of DotNetNuke® without additional fees or
licenses. Licensee will not make copies of the Software or allow copies of the Software to be made by others, unless
authorized by this License Agreement. Licensee may make copies of the Software for backup purposes only Note: If
module software source code was purchased the changes made to the source code/recompiled version are still
licensed only to one installation of DotNetNuke®.
4. This Software is subject to a limited warranty. Licensor warrants to Licensee that the physical medium on which
this Software is distributed is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, the Software will
perform according to its printed documentation, and to the best of Licensor’s knowledge Licensee’s use of this
Software according to the printed documentation is not an infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights.
This limited warranty lasts for a period of 30 days after delivery. To the extent permitted by law, THE ABOVE-STATED
LIMITED WARRANTY REPLACES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND LICENSOR
DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY,
NONINFRINGEMENT, OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No agent of Licensor is authorized to
make any other warranties or to modify this limited warranty. Any action for breach of this limited warranty must be
commenced within one year of the expiration of the warranty. Because some jurisdictions do not allow any limit on the
length of an implied warranty, the above limitation may not apply to this Licensee. If the law does not allow disclaimer
of implied warranties, then any implied warranty is limited to 30 days after delivery of the Software to Licensee.
Licensee has specific legal rights pursuant to this warranty and, depending on Licensee’s jurisdiction, may have
5. In case of a breach of the Limited Warranty, Licensee’s exclusive remedy is as follows: Licensee will return all copies
of the Software to Licensor, at Licensee’s cost, along with proof of purchase. (Licensee can obtain a step-by-step
explanation of this procedure, including a return authorization code, by contacting Licensor at
[firstname.lastname@example.org].) At Licensor’s option, Licensor will either send Licensee a replacement copy of the
Software, at Licensor’s expense, or issue a full refund.
6. Notwithstanding the foregoing, LICENSOR IS NOT LIABLE TO LICENSEE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING
COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES,
CONNECTED WITH OR RESULTING FROM THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT OR LICENSEE’S USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE. Licensee’s jurisdiction may not allow such a limitation of damages, so this limitation may not apply.
7. Licensee agrees to defend and indemnify Licensor and hold Licensor harmless from all claims, losses, damages,
complaints, or expenses connected with or resulting from Licensee’s business operations.
8. Licensor has the right to terminate this License Agreement and Licensee’s right to use this Software upon any material
breach by Licensee.
9. Licensee agrees to return to Licensor or to destroy all copies of the Software upon termination of the License.
10. This License Agreement is the entire and exclusive agreement between Licensor and Licensee regarding this
Software. This License Agreement replaces and supersedes all prior negotiations, dealings, and agreements between
Licensor and Licensee regarding this Software.
11. This License Agreement is governed by the law of California applicable to California contracts.
12. This License Agreement is valid without Licensor’s signature. It becomes effective upon the earlier of Licensee’s
signature or Licensee’s use of the Software.