The version 9.8 can work with DNN 5.5+ including the newest DotNetNuke 6.2. If you want the version work with DNN lower than 5.5, please purchase version 9.2:
Since version 9.7 it uses C# as program language.
DNN Article is not only a powerful module to enable post and manage articles, but also provides total solutions for content management. Content such as articles, news, announcements, product catalogs, etc can be organized into unlimited levels of categories. New content can be moderated before published. The administrator can assign roles as moderator. Also an email can be sent when new content is added. Visitors can make comment and rating. Of course it supports common features of DotNetNuke module such as localization, portable interface, search, Syndication etc.
DNNArticle is an extendable system. There are nine sub modules shipped with DNNArticle standard edition to provide rich and attractive look and feel experiences. There are also several optional sub modules that provide more features. And the number of optional sub modules is growing continually. There are also several applications based on DNNArticle such as DNNArticle Blog and DNNArticle Product.
DNNArticle fully supports template and CSS theme. This feature provides more flexibility for users to build more attractive user interface.
New in version 9.8
- Mobile support( For DNN 6.1.5+). You can define display template and other options in module settings for mobile device by using free module Mobile Settings Management.
- Performance improvement.
- Move all permission settings to module permissions. Now you can set “content manager”, “layout manager” and “who can make comment and ratings” in module permissions.
- Using treeview as UI of category management.
- Now you can add bulk categories one time.
- Now you can add resources to articles.
- Improvement of DNNArticle Archive sub module.
- Improvement of DNNArticle Soruce control. The DNNArticle List and other sub modules can show articles of categories from difference DNNArticle modules.
- Super users can allow DNNArticle List or other sub modules to show articles from all portals.
- Improvement of template editor. Now only super user can add/edit shared templates stored in DNNArticle/Templates folder. Admins of portal can add templates stored in portal folder.
- Integration with the Journal of DotNetNuke 6.2. You can select to post to DNN 6.2 Journal when an aritlce is submited.
- A new sub module DNNArticle Comment Management that allows moderators to manage comments.
- New token [UNLOGINUSER]…[/UNLOGINUSER] for unauthorized user.
- New token [ISAPPROVED]…[/ISAPPROVED] to show message when the article is approved.
- New Agree/Disagree links for articles.
- New [FAVORIT:addtext,removetext,CssClass] token to generate Add/Remove to favoirt list. You can use DNNArticle List sub module to show favorit articles of current user. There is a new option in module settings of DNNArticle List to show favorit articles of current user.
- Improvement of Windows Live writer integration.
- Bug fixes.
Demo site and showcases
There is a demo site of DNNArticle: The module is used in http://www.zldnn.com to list our modules.
You can download 15 days trial version and user guide from: http://www.zldnn.com/Download/tabid/233/Default.aspx. The download page is built by using DNNArticle too.
And there are showcases in the showcase page: http://www.zldnn.com/ShowCases.aspx
More demos can be found here: http://www.dnnarticle.com/
If you use this module, you can add your web site to the showcase page by sending us an email to email@example.com. Please tell us the logo url of your web site, the page that contains the DNNArticle and description of your web site.
You can download free resources in the download page of http://www.zldnn.com. Register is free. Currently there are:
Media in line: it’s a free module that helps to show media such as FLV, MP3 embed in an article.
Easy Avatar: it’s a free module that can show user’s avatar from Gavatar.com.
SharetoSocail: it's a free module that can display social book markers.
Optional modules :
There are ten optional modules of version 9.6. You can purchase “with optional moduels“ edition to get more features.
Light box content gallery for DNNArtilce
Article Slide Plus
Tabbed Category Article
Category Article Slide Plus
RSS Importer: Import RSS feed into DNNArticle.
Advanced Search: it allows users to search articles by categories, date range etc. Admin can define the UI by template.
Dashboard: it allows admin to manage articles easily.
DNNArticle Editor: it allows you to define editor UI by template.
RecentComments: show user comments of a DNNArticle instance.
Total Solutions for content management
The DNNArticle provides total solutions for content manage of your web site.
Integrate permissions with DotNetNuke module permission
In main DNNArticle module you can define permissions:
- Who can add articles?
- Who can edit articles?
- Who can approve articles?
- Who can attach files?
- Who can view attach files?
- Authorized authors who can manage their own articles and their articles can be published automatically.
- And you can set category level edit permission in category edit page.
- Authorized users/roles can submit article.
- Editors and/or Authors can modify submitted articles.
- Moderators can approve articles to be published.
- Administrators can define view permissions of article modules, categories and articles.
- Authors can define view permissions of their own articles.
- Article view permission will override categories view permission.
- View permission check can be in article list or article view. That means you can allow unauthorized users to view article list or not.
- All contents are organized by category.
- It supports sub categories. You can create sub categories as many as you want.
- An icon can be set for each category.
- The article category sub module can show categories in tree view.
- An article can be assign to more than one category.
- A category sub module can display categories in any page you want.
- You can define tags and assign an article to several tags.
- Tags can be shown in Tag Cloud sub module.
- It will save versions of each article.?
- You can roll back to an older version.?
- You can define the number of versions that will be saved.
- You can add pages into an article.?
- You can define and select pagination template for articles.
- Authors of an article can attach files.
- View permissions of attached files can be set.
- The URL of attached files can be set to hide for security reason.
- The upload path of attached files can be set.
- You can add extra fields if you feel the existing fields are not enough.
- You can define numeric, string and dropdown list fields.
- You can show the values of extra fields by using tokens.
- Authors of an article can set related articles by selecting existing articles.
- Related articles will be shown in Article View page.
- Email notification can be enabled/disabled.
- Administrators can set email address that can receive notification email.
- Email subject and body template can be defined.
Sub modules for presentation
The sub modules such as Article List, Article Slider and Tabbed Article help you to show articles in different ways.
- All modules of DNNArticle support template.
- The template is html style and there are default templates shipped with the module.
- There are many tokens that can be used in template.
- There is a template editor to help you to create your own template.
Header and footer template of article list
- You can define header and footer template for article list.
- You can insert script such as jQuery to build more attractive user interface.
An image can be assigned to each article.
You can enable pagination and set page size for main DNNArticle module and Article List sub module.
Multiple Sort options
Articles can be sorted by fields such as created date, view order, clicks, or title.
Importing and exporting
- Fully implements DNN's IPortable interface enabling importing and exporting articles.
- Import Articles from other modules. You can define import template for other modules such as Announcement and FAQs. Then you can import content from these modules.
- Fully implements DNN's ISearchable interface enabling searching and rss feeds.
- It can create RSS feed for each category.
- You may specify whether users can leave comments or rating for an article.
- The comments can be reviewed by administrators before published.
- The comments can be auto approved and published.
- You can set email notification of new comment.
The module can add SEO friendly title, description and keywords to detail view page.
Integrate with other software
Integrate with Windows Live Writer
From 5.0 version, the module implements metaPost provider to integrate with Windows Live Writer. Authorized users can use Windows Live Writer to edit and public article. This feature gives DNNArticle more flexibility.
Integrate with Smart-thinker’s user profile story feed
From 6.1 version, the module can add story feed to Smart-think’s user profile when a user adds an article, makes a comment or submits a rating.
Integrate with Business Map
Business Map integrates goolg map api into DotNetNuke to provide map service for DotNetNuke web site. It’s very easy to use. It can be installed and configured in few minutes. It also supports url parameters to control the map properies. So you can integrate it with other modules.
You can integerate your article with Business Map. It’s very easy. Just enter the url of Business Map in Related URL and set paramaters in the url. For example, you want the article is linked to the map of Bronx, New York City. The url will be: http://www.zldnn.com/rs/Mapwitharticle/Map/tabid/504/Default.aspx?mapwidth=800&address=Bronx,New York City
And you can add related token into display template: Map. Then the map link will be shown in the article.
Living demo is here: http://www.zldnn.com/rs/Mapwitharticle/tabid/503/Default.aspx
There is a sub module for searching articles. The display template of search result can be defined.
There is a sub module to display article list. By using it, an Article can appear in multiple places within your site. The display template can be defined.
Article Slider is a sub module to make a slideshow out of articles on your page. Users can manually select a content to see or have them rotated automatically. Pagination links let the user quickly pick a content to show.
Tabbed Content is a sub module to display articles as tabbed type. Users can manually select a content to see or have them rotated automatically.
From 4.2 there is a new sub module named tag cloud. You can define and assign tags to your article. The Tag Cloud module will generate tag cloud of the article module. You can define the CSS of tag by popularity.
Show categories of a DNNArticle module in any page you want.
Article Archive module
Show archived articles by month or by year.
Category Article List
Show categories and articles in flat style.
Show articles of a user.
DNN 4.6.2 (and later), SQL 2005 or SQL 2005 express.
Optional: if you want to integrate with Windows Live Writer, please install metaPost. For more detail about metaPost, please visit: http://metapost.itcrossing.com/DNNArticle/tabid/264/Default.aspx .
Optional: You can integrate the module with Smart-Thinker User Profile. Find it here: http://www.smart-thinker.com .
New in version 9.6
- Integrate with Twitter. A message can be posted to twitter when an article is updated.
- Integrate the light box content edit control into main DNNArticle editor.
- Improvement of light box content gallery. You can upload multi images one time. And you can scan existing images.
- Add "Last View Date" field. You can use it to sort articles to show last viewed articles.
- Add "featured articles template" in articles.
- Add "Category Breadcrumb" token to show category breadcrumb in article.
- Add new rating token by using the Telerik rating control.
- Improvement of Category Tree. You can use Telerike TreeView to show category tree. And you can show the categories as a Menu.
- New tokens to get image URL and thumbnail image URL.
- Add download count field into attached files. The download count can be shown in attached files.
- Improvement of article management and comment management control.
- Improvement of main article editor user interface.
- New social bookmarks token. You can share an article to social web sites easily.
- Improvement of template and tokens.
New in version 9.2
l New optional module Lightbox Content Gallery for DNNArticle. The light box content gallery plug in allows you to add images, FLV files, HTML, Embed Resources such as Youtube video to an article. It also allows you to add other modules in your portal or external web pages.
l Improvements for compatible with DotNetNuke 6.
l New package manifest for DotNetNuke 5.x and DotNetNuke 6.x
l Improvement of comments.
l Improvement of WLW integration provider.
l Improvement of custom fields.
l Improvements of RSS generator.
l Improvement of the random display of DNNArticle List.
l Improvement of optional modules.
l Bug fixes
New in version 9.1
- Now you can upload attached files to Amozon S3 service.
- improvement of externed fields.
- New WLW integration provider.
- Add My Comments to show comments of current user.
- Add email and web site fields to comment.
- Add [IFEXIST:ATTACHMENT]…[/IFEXIST:ATTACHMENT] token.
- Add [ODDEVENROW] token to DNNArticle List. It will generate “odd” and “even”. You can use them to generate different CSS classes for odd and even rows.
- New token [CURRENTCATEGORY][/CURRENTCATEGORY] in header/footer template for DNNArticle List.
- Improvement of related articles token. Adding display number to the token.
- Bug fixes
New in version 9.0
You can load a css file for an instance of DNNAritcle modules. It can help you to build more flexible template.There is also a CSS editor in the DNNArticle.
You can edit and select template for article list header, footer and comments.
New block token [ISINROLES:role1;role2]...[/ISINROELS]. It will show text in block if current user is in roles defined in the token.
New block token:”[NEXTARTICLE:categoryid,vieworder] template of next article [/NEXTARTICLE]” and “ [PREVARTICLE:categoryid,vieworder] template of prev article [/PREVARTICLE]” for detail view template.
Now you can define an existing article as the template of new aritlces.
Add “Show recent article if no pass in id” selection in detail view module.
Improvement of filter tags of DNNArticle List sub module. You can define a tag to filter now.
- Improvement performance.
Now you can change the author of the article.
Improvement of sub modules.
Fix the issue of opening attachements in other portals.
New in version 8.9
New block tokens in template: [ISFEATURED]..[/ISFEATURED], [NOTAPPROVED]..[/NOTAPPROVED]. [CANVIEW]..[/CANVIEW],[CANNOTVIEW]..[/CANNOTVIEW] block.
Add check permission for Detail View module. If a user has no view permission, it can show the note defined in template.
Improvement the select related articles in article edit control.
New related article token [RELATEDARTILCE:orderfield,categoryid,title] that can show related articles from one category.
Improvement of DNNArticle List. Now it can show related articles from selected category of current article.
Allow sub modules Category Tree, Tag Cloud and Article Archive to show data from other portals.
Adding no post bake pagination control when changing page.
Two new sub modules: DNNArticle Advanced Search and DNNArticle Dashboard.
Improve the article slider plus sub module.
Improve the RSS importer for DNNArticle. When you add/edit a feed, you can set the duration for imported article. After the duration, the imported article will be expired.
Improve the DNNArticle Editor sub module.
New in version 8.8
l Working with the newest DotNetNuke 5.5.
l Improvement of related article selection: now you can search articles when adding related articles.
l Improvement of related article token: now you can add sort field in the token.
l Add a setting in View Article module to control if allowing it to show expired articles.
l Improvement of friendly URL.
l Now it can fill SEO title, SEO description and SEO keywords automatically. You can set the filling template in module settings.
l Improve the view URL token. Using EXTERNURL to hide link if both article content and related URL are blank.
l Improve the importing content from 3rd modules. Two new imported template are added.
l Improve the light box gallery for DNNArticle. Fixes the issue of adding photos.
l Improve the RSS importer for DNNArticle. It will detect if there is an article with same title before importing an item.
l Improve the DNNArticle Editor sub module.
l Bug fixes.
New in version 8.6
l DNNArticle Editor is included in Optional modules. It allows you to define article editor page. You can use tokens in template to define your own article editor page.
l Recent Comment is included in Optional modules. This sub module shows recent comments of an instance of DNNArticle.
l Improvement of Category. Add a category link field to category.
l Improvement of token system of DNNArticle. Now developers can extern tokens without modify the core DNNArticle Module.
l Now the token [CSSTAGS] can generate links to article list that shows articles with the selected tag.
l Improve the tokens of comment.
l Bug fixes.
New in version 8.4:
l RSS Importer is included in Optional modules. You can import RSS news items into DNNArticle.
l Ajax Slider is included in Optional Modules. It allows showing articles in slider as many as you want.
l Using auto complete control to help tag input.
l Tag filter. Now the article list can filter articles by tags defined in session or URL.
l New Google Map token. You can store position in extra field and show it in Google Map.
l Replace the module title of DNNArticle View to article title. You can select to show article title in DNNArticle View module title.
l Improve of Tag Cloud. You can select to show the tags used in articles in a certain category.
l Sort dropdown list in DNNArticle List. You can enable the sort dropdown list in DNNArticle List to allow users to sort articles.
l Performance improvement: the performance of main DNNArticle and Article List is improved.
l Improvement of optional modules
l Fix the view state issue of Telerik in DNNArticle Editor.
New in version 8.2
l Improvement of token processor.
l Several optional sub modules: light box gallery for DNNArticle, Category Article Slide Plus, Article Slide plus, Tabbed Category Article etc.
l New page control for Article List.
l Improvement of Category Article List.
l More display template.
l Bug fixes.
New in 8.1
l [IFNOTEXIST:] HTML code [/IFNOTEXIST:] token: if the token is null, it will show the HTML code.
l Add order fields for category tree and category article list. The categories can be sorted by title or view order.
l Improvement of Article List. Remove the tag when selecting flow layout.
l Add header template and footer template to article list sub module. When selecting flow layout, you can define footer template and header template.
l The Article List sub module can accept category id from URL to show articles of a category.
l You can assign an article list sub module to category tree to show articles of a selected category.
l Now you can show articles that belong to several categories in Article List sub module.
l Improvement of Category Article List.
l Add Edit/Add article permission for category level.
l Add category image token into tokens of category.
l Improvement of the layout of comment.
l Improvement of the template editor.
l Bug fixes.
New in 8.0 version
- Version control: you can save several versions of an article. You can roll back to a previous version.
- Improvement of display template: Using [IFEXIST:]...[/IFEXIST:] to remove HTML code from template if a field is NULL.
- Attached files and related articles can be shown in article list by using token [ATTACHMENT] and [RELATEDARTICLES].
- Now sub module DNNArticle Subscribe: users can subscribe articles of selected categories.
- Improvement of Tag Cloud sub module. Now it can generate tag style automatically. And you can define tag tool tip template in resource file.
- Improvement of RSS. The fields of channel can be defined now.
- Adding content template for new article.
- Add a setting to redirect users to an upgrade/permissions page when they do not have correct permission to view the detail of the article.
- Add a setting of the "from" email address for the comment notification email.
- Improvement of the URL address of an article. Make it shorter and more SEO friendly.
- Add an option to point to another page in DNNArticle List.
- Bugs fixes.
- Improvement of database access.
- Improvement of DNNArticle Archive module: Now the archive list supports pagination and sorted by date.
- Improvement of DNNUserArticle module: Add a calendar control to show archived articles of a user. Now you can use this sub module to build Blog system.
- Improvement categories management
- Improvement of VIEWURL token. It will hide the link if content is blank and related URL is none.
- Now the admin of the DNNArticle can assign roles who can manage content and who can design layout.
- Improvement thumbnail image quality.
- Improvement of Article Editor.
- DNNArticle: Show unapproved articles for administrators.
- DNNArticle View : Now you can define template for article view module and set default article.
- DNNArticle View: Now you can set Related Article List Title, Related Article List CSS, Related Article Label CSS, Related Article List Repeat Columns, Related Article List Repeat Direction, Attachment List Title, Attachment List CSS, Attachment List Label CSS, Attachment List Repeat Columns and Attachment List Repeat Direction.
- Tag enter: now user can enter tags. New tags will be added to tag list.
- Enhancement of Category Tree.
- User Articles: Now you can define pass in parameter. It's very useful to integrate with social modules such as SmartSocial.
- DNNArticle Archive: Now you can selete to show expired only, artive only or all artilces.
l Enhancement of metaPost provider.
l Enhancement of Article Editor: adding image preview when choosing article image.
l Enhancement of sub modules
New in 7.6 version
Enhancement of article view:
From 7.6 version comment, rating, attached files, related articles and print icon can be defined in template of detail view. It provides more flexible of article view layout.
From 7.6 version the Article View is a separated module can be selected in module selector of DNN. You need not add an instance of DNNArticle and delete other module instances.
The Article View can show an article and you can disable rating, comment and SEO.
Enhancement of Template:
New tokens: [CATEGORIES],[TAGS] and [CSSTAGS]. Now the categories and tags can be defined in template. And using [CSSTAGS] can show tags of an article as tag cloud.
You can add tokens as in DNN core HTML module, for example [PORTAL:PORTALNAME].
Enhancement of Email notification: an email can be sent to author of the article when the author submits article and the article is approved. The subject and body of the Email can be defined.
Enhancement of Article Editor: you can disable some fields if you do not want to use them. These fields includes article image, related URL, attached files, extra fields, article permission etc.
New in 7.0 version
l Support article pagination: you can add pages into an article. And you can select/define pagination template.
l Integrate permission into DotNetNuke module permission grid.
l New Edit Article permission. Now you can set a role/user who can edit existing articles but cannot submit articles.
l New Add Attachment permission. Now you can set who can add attached files on an article.
l Authorized Author: the articles submitted by authorized authors will be approved automatically.
l New Update Date field.
l Now you can set publish time and expire time for an article.
l Improvement of detail view. Now you can set the detail view to show a defined article, or to show the most recent article from an article module, or to show an article by pass in article id.
l Separate Edit Article control. Now you can add Edit Article control into a separated page and assign it to the main DNNArticle module. That will avoid the use of admin skin.
l Improvement of Import/Export feature.
l Improvement of metaPost provider.
l Improvement of archive module.
New in 6.1 version
- New sub module DNNUserArticle: to show articles of one user. Authorized user can submit and manage his/her own articles in this module.
- Integrate with Smart-Thinker User Profile module: post story feed when a user submits an article, makes a comment or rating.
- Improvement of performance: the data access layer is re-written to get better performance.
- New Tokens such as USERDISPLAYNAME and USEREMAIL in template.
- Using Div tag instead of table in article list layout.
- Improvements to meet W3C validation.
- Bug fixes.
New in 6.0.1 version
- Article list, article slider and tabbed articles: Show articles from other portals, multi article modules and multi categories.
- Show most recent articles in defined days: you can set article list, article slider and tabbed articles to show articles published in defined days.
- New sub module Category Article List: show categories and articles in flat style.
- Download permission for each attached file.
- Improvement of the feature of attached file.
- New token [THUMBNAILIMAGE]: now you can show thumbnail image to reduce display time.
- Related articles: you can add related articles to an article.
- Date format in comment template.
- Show the latest article in Article View module.
- Permissions control improvement.
- Improvement of edit page.
- User can change Rating.
- Bug fixes
New in 5.9.7 version
- Split created date and publish date.
- Article detail view permission based on article
- Adding the feature of comments management
- Improvement of attaching file feature: now you can set default upload path.
- Change default template to meet portal skin
- Adding several demo templates
- New sub module Category Article List to display flat categories.
- Improvement of SEO
- Improvement of Archive sub module
- Improvement of search sub module
New in 5.9 version
- Article detail view permission based on category
- Improvement of article list: top items display template.
- Improvement of search sub module.
- Improvement of article edit
New 5.8.3 version
- Improvement of loading speed
- New sub module: Article Category
New in 5.7 version
- New token:
- [DATE:FORMAT]. Now you can set date format in the token, for example:[DATE:MM/dd/yyyy].
- [RATINGIMAGE:,]. To show the rating star image with defined width and height. For example, [RATINGIMAGE:150,90].
- New sub module: DNNArticle Archive. Display archived articles by year or by month.
- Enable/Disable Captcha of comment.
New in 5.6.3 version
- New tokens:
- My Articles: display the articles of login user.
- New sub module Article Category: now you can add artcile category to any page you want.
- Display articles randomly in Article List, Article Slider and Tabbed Articles.
New in 5.6 version
User defined field: now the module supports user defined fields. You can define fields such as text, integer, decimal etc. Then you can enter values of defined fields in article editor. And these defined fields can be used as normal field in display template.
New in 5.5 version
- Improvements of integration with Windows Live Writer:
- Supports adding description, tags and SEO title to an article.
- You can assign multi categories to an article in WLW.
- Show articles in categories. There is a setting to control if articles can be shown in categories tree.
- RSS/XML in DNNArticle list module.
- Improvements of Comment/Rating.
- Capability of attach files to an article immediately during the "Add new content" phase.
- Author selection from the list of users.
- Role security, where articles are only viewable by certain roles.
- Now article list, article slider and article tabbed content can show articles from all DNNArticle modules in a portal.
||1 Portal License
||1 production DNN portal
1 test portal
|1 production DNN installation
1 test installation
|Multiple portals installation within your enterprise portals
||1 Portal License+Optional Modules
||Standard Edition+Optional Modules
||Professional Edition+Optional Modules
||Enterprise Edition+Optional Modules
||1 production DNN portal
1 test portal
|1 production DNN installation
1 test installation
|Multiple portals installation within your enterprise portals